The Collaboration plugin has a few system requirements. Of course, modern hosting satisfies all of these requirements, so it’s highly recommended that you use modern hosting to run the Collaboration plugin.
You will need to make sure your server meets the following requirements:
- PHP 7.4+
- WordPress 5.5+
Log in and download the latest Collaboration plugin from the Customer Portal.
If you have a copy of the plugin as a zip file, you can manually upload it and install it through the Plugins admin screen.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Click the Upload Plugin button at the top of the screen.
- Select the zip file from your local filesystem.
- Click the Install Now button.
- When the installation is complete, you’ll see “Plugin installed successfully.” Click the Activate Plugin button at the bottom of the page.
Please read the official documentation for plugin installation instructions.
The Collaboration plugin uses the Pusher.com service on its core, allowing it to achieve real-time experience in economic and easy to setup.
To allow you to use the real-time feature, you need a Pusher.com App Keys.
TIPYou can reuse the Pusher.com App Keys on multiple WordPress installations.
- Sign in to Pusher.com
- Navigate to Channels Dashboard
- Click the Create App button at the top right of the screen.
- Fill the “Select a cluster” field with the nearest region to you.
- Click the Create App button. The new app will be created and you will be redirected to the app dashboard page.
- Navigate to the App Settings tab
- Check the Enable client events checkbox
- Click Update to save the changed settings
- Navigate to the App Keys tab
- On your WordPress site, Navigate to Oxygen > Collaboration > Settings Tab
- Fill all the setting fields with the Pusher.com App Keys from step #9, and click the Save Changes button.
Now you can use the Oxygen Editor and collaborate in a real-time experience. You will see the indicator badge on the bottom right of your Oxygen Editor screen.